As indicated in my earlier post Exchange 2013 CU1 has been released on schedule (if you include the delay notice). This new release brings with it the ability to co-exist and migrate from Exchange 2007 and Exchange 2010.I will be deploying the new update this evening to my test lab and will update this post with any findings. However before that here are some highlights for the new release:
- Address book routing policies
- Groups can manage groups
- Outlook Web App now supports Public Folders
- The Exchange Admin Centre has been improved for UM
- Auto-reseed now supports Bitlocker’ed volumes
- Monitoring probes have been improved
I have applied Exchange 2013 CU1 to my lab environment which is a separate Front End and Back End server. One interesting thing was the pre-requisites validation error I received when running the update asking me to install the Cluster Service CLI RSAT tools.